Thursday, April 11, 2013

Bedroom Update

Even though progress has slowed down, we are still slowly working on our bedroom. And FTR, it's because of spring, not because I'm exhausted 24/7 and chasing a three year old around, bowing to her every command. Anyway, here's a look at the amended list:

  • New nightstands
  • New bed
  • Move file cabinet & bookshelf
  • Move mirror & jewelry box to opposite wall
  • Paint the walls gray  
  • New dresser
  • Sunburst mirror above the bed (I FOUND ONE. Now I just need that hot husband of mine to hang it)
  • New frames for Norah's pictures (we actually did find some but they also have yet to be hung)
  • Replace TV
  • Replace carpet 

You may have noticed that I took a few things off. For starters, it was our plan to move some things into the nursery. Well, since we're expecting a new tenant in less than six months (wtf?!), that's out. So the vanity needs to stay where it is and I am saying bye-bye to my reading corner. I also really, really don't think we have room for a bench at the end of the bed. Sad.

The search for the perfect dresser is ongoing. It's also a nightmare. I have been searching Craigslist for 5 months! Same for the mirror. I cannot fathom dishing out $200+ for a damn mirror  BUT then Tarjay to the rescue so fingers crossed my $32 find fits the bill. We had decided not to replace the carpet for like 5 minutes because we were going to sell our house next year and it was just easier to do a carpet allowance and let someone else deal with it but then we decided that instead of moving, we're going to refinance and stay put for a couple years. So replacing carpet is back on the list.

For your patience, I'll reward you with two pictures that are shitty quality. But you can see how awesome my bed looks with that rad wall color! You're welcome.





So, you know, it's coming. Slowly but surely. Any suggestions for where to find a decently priced dresser?

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome. I found Isaiah's dresser at a second hand store for a really decent price. I hate Craig's list. IKEA is always a good option for dressers, but I think I recall you don't have one close? Walmart.com has decent stuff on the website That they don't have in store. I get a 10% discount on everything at Walmart, so if you find something we could work that out.

    ReplyDelete