Monday, April 1, 2013

Goat Cheese Scalloped Potatoes

I've been eyeing this recipe for about a year but my husband was insistent no one in his family would eat it despite the fact that goat cheese is so damn delicious it should be a crime. Finally, this week I basically insisted we make it for Easter dinner. My argument being that the goat cheese is surrounded by potatoes and heavy cream. And that we were going to say it was cream cheese. I guess he was tired of hearing about it because he made it and as predicted it was insanely good.

Grandmother-in-law actually discovered our dirty little secret before lunch but managed to keep her trap shut since she actually does like goat cheese. The potatoes were so good that my goat cheese hating mother-in-law had two servings. And that was after we came clean on what was in it! The flavor is definitely there but it's subtle and not overpowering at all. Even if you don't like goat cheese, I really recommend trying these. They were super easy to throw together and by far, the hit of the meal. And while you're on Pink Parsley's site, poke around because she makes damn good food. I hit up her blog often for inspiration.

http://www.pink-parsley.com/2012/04/goat-cheese-potato-gratin.html

No comments:

Post a Comment