Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Scary Shit

So I had the scare of my life this week. The heat sensor in our attic went off one afternoon which triggered our alarm company to send me an automated email that says something along the lines of "Your heat sensor went off. Possible fire. Have a nice day."

So I did the obvious thing which was to freak the fuck out and call 911 because my dogs are in there. I raced home at record speed, crying to my husband and mom (not at the same time) that I had burned down our house and killed our dogs. That went over really well. I just knew it was my fault because if leaving your straight iron on was an Olympic sport, I'd be the gold medalist.

Thankfully, my house was not on fire and my doggies were fine. Kudos to the fire department. They got there in record time, suited up, ready to save my doggies and my house. Praise Buddha that they had to do none of the above. I've never been so happy to arrive at my dirty, but still standing, home.

Apparently my heat sensor is "malfunctioning". Ya think? It's gone off 3 more times since then (I was home this time) and there was obviously no fire. So they are coming out tomorrow to look at it.

Moral of the story: unplug your hair stuff and get your alarm equipment looked at every few years. And live one block from a fire department. I think I need to make them cookies or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment