Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chicken & Tomato Pasta

I threw this together the other night after a long day of shopping with the girl. It was on the table in under an hour which is totally my kind of meal. And it was delicious. I was uber excited that MrShoe had a meeting the next night because that meant I got the leftovers all to myself. Nom nom nom...

Chicken & Tomato Pasta
From: Gina's Skinny Recipes

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
salt
pepper
dried oregano
garlic powder
olive oil
6 garlic cloves, diced
2 c grape tomatoes, halved
fresh basil
16 oz thin spaghetti noodles

Boil noodles in salted water and reserve 1-2 cups of pasta water before draining. Set aside.

Season chicken to your liking (I love garlic) and cube into bite size pieces. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat up some olive oil and cook the chicken until it is no longer pink. Take out and set aside.

Saute garlic until golden brown and fragrant. Throw in tomatoes and cook until they are just falling apart. Season with salt and pepper. Take some fresh basil and chiffonade it (I love that word; it makes me feel fancy). Throw the basil in and let cook for a couple minutes. Throw in the chicken and fold all together, cooking the chicken all the way through.

Go back to your pasta and pour some pasta water over it if it's dry. Add pasta to the pan and fold some more. Send me the leftovers.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment