Monday, June 18, 2012

::throws confetti::

Happy birthday to meeeee!!!*

*Ok, actually it was last week but I've been busy. Sue me.

It's a bittersweet one this year for sure. I'm 29 (yikes!) so the last year of my twenties. I had every intention of doing a whole 30 till I'm 30 list however I 1) have no time and 2) couldn't think of 30 things and 3) wouldn't when you're turning 20 be a good time to start all that?

But back to number 2.

I really have accomplished quite a bit in my twenties that I'm happy about. I married the most awesome man evah (who is currently sporting a beard which he's never done before. momma like.) and we have a gorgeous, funny, smart kid together. She's a win for our genes for sure. We bought a house four years ago which we have successfully turned into a home. I partied my ass off in college but managed to squeeze out a bachelor's degree. Then went back and did it right the second time with my Master's. I've learned to cook better and not freak out quite so much over the little things. I got my first real job and bought my first real car (and my first real minivan). Overall, my twenties have been very, very good to me.

There are only a few things that I haven't done that I wish I had. The big one is travel abroad. I've never been out of the country and that's huge for me. I'm already looking at a trip to Greece. Maybe sometime in the next few years if we can get our funds straight. The other big thing is my career. I have one so that's saying something but it's just not exactly where I'd like it to be. However I still have 365 days to rectify that one so fingers crossed!

I'm celebrating tomorrow night with some of my very best girlfriends so everyone pour out some tequila and drink to my twenties. Ole!


No comments:

Post a Comment