Friday, March 16, 2012

This week can suck it.

This has been the week from HELL.  I tried and tried and tried to make it salvageable.  But every time I thought things might be looking up, the Week From Hell was all, "Nope. Your life sucks this week" and brought the hammer down once more.  And I just spelled "more" as "moore" and then "moor".  So apparently, he's still at it.

A recap:

Friday to Sunday were spent away from home, at the in-laws.  This means that the entire house was left in disarray because I cannot pack like a normal person.  Instead of packing and folding and putting away and picking up and changing sheets so we could all come home to clean beds, I threw as much as I could into suitcases and totes bags, and then pulled stuff out and threw that on the dirty floor.  But we left at a semi decent hour with clean underwear and gifts and party dresses so I called it a win. Me: 1, Week: 0

Sunday was party day! Yay! There was family drama (of course) the morning of which led to me sobbing silently in the bathroom on my child's second birthday but then I pulled it together and put some eyeliner on because it's what I do. But it set the tone for the rest of the day. Me: 1, Week: 1

The party was great. Lots of family came, the food was great, the Girl got one heck of a loot and some even some green for her piggy bank. Me: 2, Week: 1

The party was great.  Lots of family came, we talked to everyone and by the time we had FINALLY loaded up the van and were ready to go, I thought I was going to die from exhaustion. I have no idea how I drove 2 hours home. Me: 2, Week: 2

And then she threw up in the van on the way home. Spinach dip. Wasn't even digested. Me: 2, Week: 3

Daylight Savings Time happened. Me: 2, Week: 4

Started in the 2 year old room at daycare. There were tears. Me: 2, Week: 5

(Do you see how the week just fucking attacked me all at once? But hang on, it gets worse.)

Tuesday was particularly crazy. MrShoe had a double filling appointment at the dentist at the ungodly hour of 7:50 am (sidenote: I swear he does shit like on purpose, so he doesn't have to help with the mad dash to get out the door in the mornings).  But I also had an appointment at 8:40...for a double crown.  So at 8am, I am doing the "bye, everybody!" song and dance with the girl and then I notice that the dog has vomited.  On the floor.  In her crate.  I wanted to die.  Me: 2, Week: 6

Change the crate in record time and walk out the door at 8:05. Make it to dentist at 8:41 which is totes early for someone who is habitually 10 minutes late. Me: 3, Week: 6

Never, ever, ever do a double crown without being fucking sedated. Me: 3, Week: one million (or 7)

Take 4 hour nap and have hot sex dreams (which is the most action I've seen in WEEKS). Me: 4, Week: 7

Back to work on Wednesday but had awesome lunch with a friend and skipped class so I could sweep my floors and have dinner with my girl group so I'll take that one. Me: 5, Week: 7

But then I unknowingly stuck my finger in a poop diaper. Me: 5, Week: 8

Thursday almost killed me but in a "I'm not taking your shit anymore, Week" kind of way. I had a meeting across town at 3 which of course resulted in me catching rush hour traffic but I used that time to 1) go to the bank, 2) do a 2 week menu, & 3) make a grocery list. No worries; all of the above was done ONLY at red lights. Then I scooped up the girl and went on a massive shopping trip where I saved $25 with my fuelperks and that included tequila. Me: 6, Week: 8

But then I got home at 7:30 and my kid hadn't eaten and there were dishes and OHMYGOD what is stuck to the bottom of the drawer in my fridge?!?! Me: 6, Week: 9

We're planning a beach vacation with the in-laws (if they'd ever call me back at least). Me: 7, Week: 9

And I stayed up late prepping all that food I bought and planning out my week's meals. Me: 8, Week 9

But I stayed up so late that I couldn't fall asleep until 2am and my husband leaves at 6:30am these days so basically I'm a zombie today. Me: 7, Week: 10

So the week definitely won but I guess I put up a pretty good fight.  Regardless, I'm glad it's Friday.  I tried a recipe for Grapefruit margaritas a week ago and I am HOOKED.  So while my muffins were baking last night (for this week's breakfast) and my fish was defrosting (for tonight's dinner) I juiced the shit out of some grapefruits and made a whole pitcher of them for this afternoon since it's Margarita Friday.

Happy Friday, y'all!


Original grapefruit margarita recipe.

The one I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment