Monday, March 5, 2012

I hate being cold

Like, I really hate it. Especially in the mornings. This is my shower routine. It drives my husband nuts.

Go in the bathroom. Close the door to the closet and to our bedroom. Turn on the ONLY the light above the tub (the other light is much too bright for 6:30am). Plug in the space heater that puts out no heat whatsoever. Start shower as hot as I can stand it. Pee. Get in.

So the idea here is to create a very, very warm, sauna-like environment so that when I get out I don't go from a balmy 85* shower to a freezing cold 30* room. When no one is fucking with me, this is accomplished and my morning starts off great.

But of course, because I'm me, this doesn't happen very often. Usually my husband comes in to tell me something and forgets to shut the door behind him and then my bedroom literally sucks out every ounce of warm air. Seriously. I can see my warm air being sucked.

Or he comes in, shuts the door behind him, but goes in the closet and forgets to shut that door behind him. Same thing. The cold closet sucks out all my sauna-like air. And then I start yelling and he comes back in the bathroom (leaving the door open) going, "what are you yelling about?"

And I could cry because I know that my sauna experience is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment