Tuesday, November 27, 2012

More Bed News

I just realized that sounds like "more bad news" which is kind of funny. I don't really have bad news. I guess kind of both. Let's start with the "not so great" news.

I'm not sleeping in my bed. I will not be sleeping in my bed on Dec 1.

That hurt to type. I worked on it all weekend long and finished the painting (HOLLA!) and let that dry and then it was time to poly. Praise Jesus. We brought our Christmas tree home and attempted to decorate Sunday night so on Monday night, the mister went outside with a clean brush and the can of poly. He quickly got the base and footboard done. The weather was not looking so fantastic so we decided that we'd just stay up, let the poly dry enough, and move them into the house. So we waited and waited and WAITED and the damn thing just would not dry. So we went to bed.

At 5:30, the man is waking me up to help him move the bed because y'all, that storm was coming fast. The footboard was on top of a table so it was fine but the frame was just resting on some 2x4's so we were worried about water coming up the inch or so that it was from the ground. This was good and bad. Bad because holy shit, solid wood frames are HEAVY but good because once it was out of the humidity, it was dry within 30 minutes. Eff you, Louisiana humidity. But of course we now have to do a second coat of poly because my finger touched the edge and there's a perfect print of mine in the poly. Good times.

There's no point in even attempting to do anything else with it until the rain stops and the humidity drops. Since it's 97% at the moment, I don't see that happening today. Or tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow afternoon. I don't even know what the new timeline is.


Ok, on to the good! Y'all remember these nightstands?


Ahem, they now reside in my bedroom. Holla!

Homegirl emailed me Wednesday and told me that she had someone else interested in only the bed. She wanted $300 for both and while they are definitely worth that much, it just wasn't in our budget so I was honest and told her I loved them and really wanted them but just couldn't pay more than $200 for the set and I totally understood if she didn't want to take that little. And she was like, "fine but no less than $200" and I was like, "sold! where do you live?" and we picked them up Friday night. And I fucking love them. They are so nice! I seriously cannot believe that she even got rid of them. I feel like I stole them from her because they are totes worth like $300 apiece. Ok, maybe not that much but definitely more than $100.

Hopefully I'll have more good bed news tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment