Monday, January 21, 2013

Bedroom

Let's see what's going on in there, shall we?

  • New nightstands
  • New bed
  • Move file cabinet, bookshelf, vanity, & stool (we actually haven't moved the vanity yet but I don't know if we will.)
  • Move mirror & jewelry box to opposite wall
  • Paint the walls gray  
  • New dresser
  • Sunburst mirror above the bed
  • New frames for Norah's pictures
  • Replace TV
  • Bench at edge of bed (I'm not sure if we have room for one now...)
  • Reading corner (again with the lack of room...)
  • Replace carpet (probably should have done this before assembling the bed...)
We managed to move some furniture around the house and our room looks about a million times better already. Much less cluttered. We also picked out two paint colors, one for the walls and one for the inset on our tray ceiling. Sitters and trimmers have been booked for the first weekend in February where I will get my roll on. I cannot WAIT to see how fab it looks with the new color. I know it's a Valspar color but I can't remember which one. I'll report back on that.

We're still on the hunt for a dresser. I thought we'd found one but it was a bust. Oh well. I think we might hit up some garage sales this weekend. Fingers crossed!

Since it's taking me forever to get together the complete post on how we did it from start to finish, here's a pic of the finished product. This is before the furniture move. See how crowded it looks? So much better now.






What do you think?! Worth the pain and suffering? Should have ordered from Pottery Barn?

2 comments:

  1. I loooove your bed. I think this is way better than ordering it because now you have all these awesome stories to hold over it. Like ''Bed, don't you know how long it took for us to make you?'' and ''Bed, you're one of a kind''. That's just me though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True story. I like having leverage in my relationships.

      Delete