Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sammiches

I love me some sammiches, y'all. Jimmy John's is my BFF except they don't deliver to my office and THAT is a problem. We're not really doing anything for the SuperBowl because I'm painting the bedroom this weekend (!!!!) and anticipate being really tired Sunday night but I am going to make some mini-sammiches. Otherwise known as sliders. But I prefer mini-sammiches.

They've been floating around Pinterest forever and a day but it's those little ham and cheese ones on a Hawaiian roll? With the sauce? I think I want to make them for the Blue Elephant party that I am currently slacking on planning but I need a test run to make sure they are delicious. I figured the SuperBowl was as good a time as any to test out mini-sammiches.

Here's the recipe I'm going to use: Mini Ham & Cheese Sandwiches

She also has a Cuban version. Not going to lie, I kind of want to make those too because I love nothing more than a good Cuban sammich.We shall see if I'm up to it. If you recall, I made delish pretzels and honey mustard sauce last year. Those lasted about 5 seconds. But they are a lot of work. I think next time I may just do them in a thick roll and then cut off actual bites with a bench scraper. Anywho, I'm a Ravens fan this weekend if for no other reason than my husband is rooting for the 49ers and I have to cancel him out. OH! And I'd totally love to see Michael Oher walk away with a ring. You've seen The Blind Side, right? Tears. I can't even.

GEAUX RAVENS!!!

2 comments:

  1. I made the ham and cheese sandwiches once for a baby shower I hosted and Josh just told me last night that he wants me to make them again. Delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So they're delish, right? My husband read the recipe last night and all I've freaking heard since then is how terrible it sounds.

      Delete