Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce

I made this sauce to accompany the homemade pretzels that I made for the Super Bowl and hol-ee shitballs, this stuff is good. Pretty sure you could smear it on your shoe and it'd be tasty.

I know some people like to do nacho cheese with their pretzels but that's slightly disgusting to me so when I was searching for a dipping sauce for the pretzels and saw this, it immediately clicked and I am SO GLAD I went this route. Another plus for this recipe is that there are no fancy ingredients; I had everything I needed in my pantry. Recipes that taste fantastic without making me buy something out of the ordinary are always top notch in my book. (Side note: this is actually why I love the entire Pennies on a Platter blog; she has great recipes using ingredients that are in every cooks pantry. I love that she doesn't go all Emeril on her readers.)

I loved the pretzels alone but with this sauce, they were to die for. This would also be EXCELLENT with chicken nuggets. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

From Pennies on a Platter

Ingredients:
1 c mayonnaise
2 tbsp yellow mustard
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lemon juice

Whisk all ingredients in a bowl. Serve.

That's it, people. The original recipe does say to chill it for 2-3 hours before serving but I didn't make this until 20 minutes before we left so that wasn't an option. I did add just a tad bit more honey than it called for so maybe that makes a difference. Regardless, make this today and put it on everything. You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment