Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Blueberry Muffins

A couple months ago I started making muffins and then bringing them to my office and keeping them in the freezer so I had breakfast every morning. It was great. I did pumpkin for a few months which was fantastic in the fall months. Then I tried a new recipe for peanut butter and jelly muffins. They were ok. Not bad, not great. Not blogworthy. I love blueberry muffins but the recipe that I use is also just ok. I like it but I always feel like I need to add butter to it. Over the years I've tried many, many different blueberry muffin recipes and I think I might have finally found a winner. This one is pretty darn fantastic. I won't say it's the best (yet) but I do recommend trying it. Very fluffy and delish.

Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:
1 stick butter, softened
1 1/4 c sugar (plus more for sprinkling)
2 eggs
2 c AP flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c milk
2 1/2 c blueberries

Preheat oven to 375.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, until incorporated. 

In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Alternate adding flour mixture and milk, beating on low with each addition. Fold in blueberries.

(The reviews for the recipe said that while the muffins were good, they stuck to the pan so I used muffin cups and then sprayed nonstick spray all across the top of those. None of my muffins stuck so I did something right.)

Fill each cup and bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment