Monday, February 13, 2012

Good weekend = Bad Monday

Why is that?  It never fails that having a great weekend makes for a particularly shitty Monday.

This was a great weekend.  The husband was working so I got to spend a lot of one on one time with the girl.  Normally this could go either way but fortunately for all parties involved, it went great.

Friday night we rented a movie and watched it after the girl went to bed.  This is becoming a weekend ritual.  I like it.  Sat we woke up early to head over to the vet school open house which was very cool.  Makes me a wee bit ashamed that I haven't been before now.  Anyway, there were horses and cows and puppies, oh my!  The girl had a great time although she did tell me several times that the horsies were "'cary, mommy" (scary).  I guess they look a lot bigger to her up close.  After that rambunctious morning, we went home for naps only homegirl would.not.nap. in my bed with me so she finally got banished to her crib where she slept for three hours!  I may or may not have channeled her in my own comfy bad (sans snoring husband. naptime FTW).

Our late nap resulted in leftovers for dinner but it was gumbo so it worked out because it was frickin' cold outside (no complaints. I heart the cold).  Sunday was another early morning in which the mister and I ate cinnamon rolls together on the couch and then he blew my mind by saying, "What's The Bodyguard? Is it a movie or something?"  And then I reevaluated just how compatible we really are because OH MY GOD.  I also watched multiple hours of Whitney coverage on MSNBC aka the ONE cable channel we still catch since the great cutoff of 2011.  So since he didn't know what The Bodyguard was, I took it upon myself to play for him several songs from the soundtrack.  I seriously had to resist the urge to go grab a hairbrush and dance in front of my mirror.

Once the girl woke up, we had a quick breakfast then ran to Sam's with the bestie (I have a serious love affair with Sam's) then back home for lunch.  There should have been a nap somewhere in there but it didn't happen since we had a playdate at 2.  The girls made these cute canvas paint things.  Basically you put tape on the canvas in the shape of something (we did trees) and then let your kid paint away.  When you take the tape off, there should be a tree.  Ours looked dumb because I'm the most uncreative mom ever but the other kids looked awesome.  I blame myself for bad tape placement.  We have an extra canvas so maybe we'll try another one next weekend with Daddy.

THEN (I know, this is getting ridiculously long) I made dinner and while I really like to cook, my husband is a much better cook so I don't do it anymore.  But he had to work late so I made this delicious shrimp orzo dish that was seriously out of this world.  I'll have to post the recipe.  After dinner, I worked on schoolwork until 8:30 when my child woke up screaming "MOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEEEEE!!!!  BOOOOOOK!!!!  ONE MOOOOOORRRRRE!!!" and I mean, how do you say no to that?  You don't.  You go in and read four more.  And she reads them all wrapped up in a blanket with her head on your chest like she did when she was an infant and you are suddenly wishing that moment would never end.  Except it does but this time she lays down with her Pooh, snuggles with her blanket, and falls right asleep.

The rest of the night was compiled of the Grammy's (yay for Adele! Swift looked homeless. mickey is on crack. Nikki Minaj is in competition with Lady Gaga for freak of the year. that's my recap.), dealing with passive aggressive group members (she got called out by yours truly), and being woken up by the dog 1500 times.  So all in all, this weekend gets a big fat A+ from me.

Except this morning, the girl was being ridiculously cute.  And when she got in the car, she told me she was cold so I put my coat over her and when we got to daycare she told me "no school" and tried to rebuckle her carseat (she hates her carseat). Twist the knife, kid. She didn't cry though and was fine once we were inside.  Still breaks my heart a little though and I'm counting down until it's time for pick up.

So that's my weekend in a way too long blog post.  But it's ok b/c I'm pretty sure no one actually reads this.  Happy Monday!

1 comment: