Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chris Brown is a douchebag

I just read the very graphic description of the whole Chris Brown/Rhianna beating incident.  You can google it if you'd like to read it but be warned, it's very graphic.  A few paragraphs in, after the first punch was thrown and connected with her face, Rhianna tried to call her assistant for help.  The assistant didn't answer so she then tried to text her other assistant.  At that point, Chris Brown threw her phone out the window (they were in a moving car while this all went down).

I know my first reaction to reading that was, you're assistant?! Really?! What's she going to do?! CALL 911!! I am guessing that Rhianna is not a stupid girl so I thought for a minute about why on earth she would not call the police for help as her boyfriend is literally, beating the fuck out of her. And then I remembered hearing Demi Moore's 911 tape being played on the radio the other morning for all the world to point and stare at her mental breakdown. And it breaks my heart that this girl was getting punched in the face by a man at least twice her size and she had to worry about calling for help for fear of the what would happen when that 911 tape was ultimately released to the public!

People, it's a sad state of affairs to live in a time when someone has to fear calling the police for help. Her celebrity status is irrelevant; she is still entitled to the same rights of protection that the rest of us are. I really think we've reached a point where it's time to outlaw the release of 911 tapes to the public. So if someone of authority is reading this (because obviously the people in Washington care about my recipes and my adorable child), how about you get on that?

No comments:

Post a Comment