Thursday, December 27, 2012

Birthday Talk

I realized this morning that NJ's third (!!!) birthday is a mere two and a half months away. How the hell did that even happen? I swear she's still sleeping in pj's that were gifts from her second birthday. I cannot believe my little monkey is going to be three.

I've heard through the mommy grapevine that the term "terrible twos" is just something made up so that when two is over you're all "I made it!" and then three hits and you're like "who the fuck is this demon spawn?!" And I kind of believe it because two was really not that bad. I kind of like two. But I see three on the horizon and it's not so much a pretty picture. My sweet child has discovered more than just "no". She has discovered gems like "hang on" and "in a minute" and "nothing" when asked what in the world she is doing that is keeping her so quiet. All served up with a side of teenage attitude. So I'm a little afraid of three but even through all the smart mouth comments, I still see my sweet baby under there so I have faith that we will make it through three just fine.

So I get to plan her party which I love because I really, really missed my calling as a party planner. Like really. She told me a couple months ago that she wanted an elephant party. Then two weeks ago she told me she wanted a blue party. (These are just random statements, btw. I'm not asking what kind of party she wants.) Anyway. That's so spot on with her personality because we went to the zoo in September and she just about fainted over her love for the elephant and has talked about him nonstop and got an assload of elephant themed things for Christmas that she is now OBSESSED with. And blue is her most favorite color in the whole wide world ever, ever so a Third Blue Elephant Party shall be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment