Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hey y'all...

Guess what?

I slept in my bed last night!!

::throws confetti::

Of course it didn't come without obstacles because this bed was sent purely to torture me but we finally finished. And by "we" I mean I stood back with the camera while my two year old "helped" dad with the drill. It looks amazing. I swear pictures are coming but this didn't go down until 10pm and then I had to change the sheets and by the time it was all done, he wouldn't move so I could take a decent pic without my carpenter husband in his drawers.

Basically we finished painting and polying on Sunday. The sanding worked on 98% of the footboard. There are a few places that aren't "perfect" but they aren't noticeable and honestly, I love that it's not perfect. I'd have paid Pottery Barn $1200 if I wanted a perfect Farmhouse bed.

So it dried on Sunday night and then Monday night he started moving things into the room and dismantling the current bed and of course there were issues and I might have threatened divorce and then there was wine and at the end of it all, the bed was put together (yay!) but...the boxspring wouldn't fit.

WTF? Basically the frame is the right size but the ledge on the footboard prevents it from dropping down. Photos will explain this better. But it was honestly fine because we didn't intend to use the boxspring anyway. We were just going to use it for Monday night until we had a chance to get some plywood because apparently you can't just put a mattress on some slats and call it a day. Who knew?

So Monday night I slept with NJ and H slept on the couch. And I was mad. Oh, was I mad. But Tuesday morning I was ok and last night we went to Home Depot (I hate that place so very much) and got plywood and they even cut it for us (because of course it wouldn't fit in the van) and I drank a Mexican Coke (it's not drugged as I originally thought) and then we got home and OF COURSE he had told the HD guy the wrong measurement but fortunately he told him too long and not too short. So he went and cut the damn board ONE MORE TIME and then there were screws and a mattress and sheets and a comforter and it was awesome.  I love it.

Ana-white.com has a "brag" section so I'm hoping to do a complete post from start to finish to link up there. I'll keep you updated. In the meantime, you can find me picking out paint colors for the wall. The bed has determined that our current mustardy/camel walls ain't cutting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment