Wednesday, December 5, 2012

2/3 Done

There's still a bed in my bedroom. Not put together. Somewhat coated in poly. It literally watches me sleep and if you open the bedroom door too fast, you are guaranteed to walk smack dab into that solid wood mother fucker.

The other night, as I was staring at it, staring at me, I was trying to figure out a fraction for just how "done" we are. I threw out 2/3 then did the "math" and lo and behold, I was right. 2/3. The Mister thinks I'm nuts but whatever. He's the fool that built a bed in 6 hours, 2 weeks before he started working 13 hour days. Let's just not even go there. But it's safe to say that there's only ONE reason he's not sleeping on the couch. It rhymes with smovulation.


My Bed Math:

There are 3 pieces of bed. Each piece needs the following:

  • built
  • primed
  • paint (2 coats)
  • poly (3 coats)

So that's 7 steps per piece. Times three is 21 steps total. All three pieces are built (3), primed (3), and painted (6) for 12 steps completed. The frame has been polyed 3 times and is completely done. 15 steps completed. The footboard has one coat of poly on it (16 steps) BUT there was that whole humidity issue and the poly cracked (not enough booze in the world...) so we took two steps back due to 1) sanding the poly off and 2) painting another coat of color. So now we're at 14 steps. 14/21 equals 2/3.

Now all this was two days ago. In the meantime, the husband has sanded but not painted (because of COURSE it's pouring rain on his two days off. of course.) so I guess we're at 15/21? Or would it be 17/23? IDK. Point is there's still a big ass bed in my bedroom and I'm still not sleeping in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment