Friday, December 28, 2012

Shit I want to do in 2013

I like lists (don't die from shock) and I think my 2012 list helped me stay somewhat on track so here's my 2013 list:
  1. Get a new job - this one is a carryover from 2012. Le sigh.... I think I need to redo my resume. And I definitely need to get over my social anxiety (yes, it does exist) and go to more meetings of my professional organization.

  2. Find Jesus. Again. - Another carryover. I swear this is on my list every year...

  3. Learn to sew - I've wanted to learn to sew for a long time but never had time. When my great grandmother died two years ago, my mom got her sewing machine and had it fixed with the intention of teaching me on it. But life gets in the way and I finally just asked her for it. Fingers crossed that between YouTube and Pinterest I can figure that thing out.

  4. Read 52 books - I love to read. If we aren't friends on Goodreads, we should be. But babies and grad school had me putting my love for reading on the back burner. And even after I graduated, I'd catch myself in a reading "rut". My "to read" list is starting to far surpass my "have read" list. So I'm shooting for at least one book a week. I wish I could commit to more. OH. And first on the list is Harry Potter which I have not yet read but have heard is fabulous.

  5. Eat more veggies - I know. I swear I'm not 5. We eat veggies. A lot actually. But more often than I'd care to admit, our meals are carb heavy with little to no fresh veggies on the side. I just want to make an effort to have at least one roasted or fresh or steamed or not-cooked-with-potatoes (yes, I swear he does this) vegetable on the table with each meal.

  6. Tackle my house "to do" list - I don't know when we'll sell our house but I'm thinking it's probably sooner rather than later. Once we do make that decision, I'd rather not have 5 million things to do at one time. So along with making my bedroom pretty, I also really want to concentrate on making our house "sell ready".

  7. Keep running - I know. I KNOW. I said I was going to run my race and be done. But apparently I lied. I miss it. Stop saying "I told you so".

That's it! Perfectly attainable. Nothing unrealistic. Let's get this party started...

Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment