Thursday, December 20, 2012

To-do List

Bedroom to do list:

  • New dresser
  • New nightstands
  • New bed
  • Paint the walls gray 
  • Move file cabinet, bookshelf, vanity, & stool to guest room/office 
  • Move mirror & jewelry box to opposite wall
  • Sunburst mirror above the bed
  • New frames for Norah's pictures
  • Replace TV
  • Bench at edge of bed (I'm not sure if we have room for one now...)
  • Reading corner (again with the lack of room...)
  • Replace carpet (probably should have done this before assembling the bed...)
I'm still looking for a dresser on the cheap. Ironically, January and February are months where the mister does not work 13+ hours a day and he would/should have time to refinish one but there's the whole "sun sets at 5" thing and "it's cold" thing so don't be shocked if the dresser gets put on the backburner until May. He'll go back to 13+ hours a day for March & April so May will be the next time that he has 1) time and 2) daylight. And yes, I can do it but I have that whole toddler/running the house thing going on.

Honestly, now that the holidays are almost over, I will gain a LOT of space back in my guest room/office so hopefully I can move the file cabinet and other stuff the first week of January which frees up the space to move the mirror and jewelry box in the actual room. And I'm itching to paint the walls so hopefully that will be a January weekend project as well. I'm just pumped that things are actually getting crossed off!

No comments:

Post a Comment