Sunday, January 15, 2012

Craziness

Holy mother of God, this was a crazy week. My boss was out of town and while that would normally mean a more relaxed office day, it most definitely does not. Craziness at work.

Wednesday night I was perusing Petfinder for a pup, as I've been doing for easily, a year and a half. And this one pup just jumped out at me. I know this is super cheesy but I swear, it's like she spoke to me from the virtual world. I could not stop thinking about her and woke my husband up at 6am to inform him I was calling about the dog. He grunted and I was happy.

THEN the girl threw up twice, one of those times being at school so we came home and I started cleaning. And then my phone rang and before I knew it, I was driving over an hour to meet, oh who am I kidding, to pick up our new doggie. It was love at first site. Well, for us at least. She was terrified (rightfully so as she was rescued from a terrible situation) and kind of freaked whenever we put her in the car.

But fast forward 48 hours and she has a new name (Georgia!) and a new bed and a new home. And as I glance at her snoozing away in front of the fireplace (it's like Norman Rockwell up in this joint), my heart is happy and I know we made the right doggie decision.

The girl is also feeling better. In case you were wondering. And she loves the new "puppy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment