Sunday, January 1, 2012

I wasn't done

Or shit numero uno that pisses me off.

I really, really love my inlaws (that's not sarcasm, I really do) but one thing (ok, many things) drives me nuts when we go to their house. They are insanely neat and organized and holy wow, my toddler does not do well in that environment but they love her a lot so it's all good. But I digress.

Sometimes I want a sandwich at 3 in the afternoon.  This is what I do at home:

1. Take out sandwich stuff.
2. Make sandwich.
3. Leave sandwich stuff on the counter while I eat my sandwich.
4. Decide if I am done or if I want another sandwich.
5. Put stuff up if I am done or make another one and then start step 3 over again.

The point is, I am weird and don't like to put my food stuff up until I am 100% done. The only exception to this is milk.

At my inlaws, this does not fly. It's like they have a sixth sense whenever something in their house is out of place. I have actually been in the process of making the sandwich and had one of them putting things up as I was still sandwich making. I mean, what if I wasn't done with the damn mayo! I happen to really love mayo!

So at my inlaws, I make my sandwich as fast as possible and then put everything away and then decide if I want another sandwich and if I do, I am usually far too lazy to pull everything out again so I just stay hungry. (Oh, the irony of this.)

So what's the point of this story?

Tonight I fixed a snack (in my own home, thankyouverymuch). MrShoe came two steps behind me and put it up. I went back for round two and my food was GONE. Bastard. So I just busted into his office like a crazy person yelling about how at my damn house, the food stays out until I am done because at the inlaws house, I have to rush and dammit, I do not like to be rushed when eating!

And he looked at me like I was nuts and told me, fine, he would no longer put things away. And then my head exploded.

He's so sleeping on the fucking couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment