Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Turkey Salad Sandwiches

Sometimes I come up with delicious ideas. This is not one of those times. Yes, this is delicious but I cannot take credit for this. My BFF came up with this and although it's ridiculously easy, I'll totes give her credit for it.

Here's what you need:

Leftover turkey, cubed (I like a mix of dark & white)
Nuts (I used pecans but walnuts are good too)
Grapes (I used purple)
Celery
Mayo

Chop your nuts (about a cup), halve your grapes (another cup), chop your celery (I used one stalk). Throw in a bowl with your turkey. Fold in some mayo. Eat.

It's that easy, people. And it's flipping delicious.

I love it because it's totally customizable. I am not a huge fan of celery but like the little bit of flavor and crunch it adds so I only use one stalk (and that might have been too much). But I love the sweetness of the grapes so I definitely put more than most people would. It's better cold and it's even better if you wrap it in a lettuce leaf. Or between two slices of white bread (toasted if you'd like), also spread with mayo (I fucking love mayo) and a lettuce leaf. Nom nom nom...

You could definitely use chicken in place of the turkey or cranberries in place of the grapes or raisins if that's your thing (it's definitely not my thing) or Miracle Whip (also not my thing; vomit) or whatever the hell else you want.

Make it, eat it, love it.

2 comments:

  1. Pictures please!!! I'm on a diet, I need to live through pics of yummy food. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot fathom that it will photograph well but I shall try tonight. Just for you!

    ReplyDelete